Webinar: Applications from Royal Military College and École Polytechnique de Montréal to renew SLOWPOKE-2 licences
Join us on February 1, 2023, for a webinar on the applications from the Royal Military College (RMC) and École Polytechnique de Montréal (EPM) to renew their SLOWPOKE-2 licences.
RMC and EPM operate SLOWPOKE-2 research reactors in Kingston, Ontario, and Montréal, Quebec, respectively. They each hold Class 1A non-power reactor operating licences, which are set to expire on June 30, 2023. Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC) staff are reviewing the licence renewal applications submitted by RMC and EPM. The Commission hearing will be held on April 19, 2023.
The purpose of this webinar is to:
- familiarize the public with the SLOWPOKE-2 facilities
- discuss the CNSC’s licensing process
- discuss RMC’s and ÉPM’s licence renewal applications
- describe the CNSC’s technical assessment of the applications
- explain how intervenors can participate in the upcoming Commission hearing
Join the webinar
Date: February 1, 2023
Time: 11 am to noon (French) and 1:30 to 2:30 pm (English), EST
Register to receive login details for the webinar.
Ask a questionSubmit your question
- Royal Military College of Canada SLOWPOKE-2 research reactor
- École Polytechnique de Montréal SLOWPOKE-2 research reactor
*The CNSC reserves the right to cancel a webinar if enrollment does not meet the minimum number of participants.
- Date modified: