Nuclear facility – BWXT Medical Ltd.
BWXT Medical Ltd. is a health science company that is licensed to operate a Class IB nuclear processing facility, located in Ottawa, Ontario. The operations at the facility involve the processing of unsealed radioisotopes used in nuclear medicine (medical isotopes).
|Licensee:||BWXT Medical Ltd.|
|Owner:||BWXT Medical Ltd.|
|Licence Issued:||October 15, 2021|
|Licence Expires:||October 31, 2031|
|Licensing documentation:||Request a copy of BWXT Medical Ltd.’s licence and licence conditions handbook by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Licensee website:||BWXT Medical Ltd.|
- November 17, 2021: Record of Decision - BWXT Medical Ltd. - Application for the Issuance of a Class IB Nuclear Substance Processing Facility Operating Licence
- October 15 2021: CNSC issues BWXT Medical Ltd. a Class IB nuclear substance processing facility licence to operate a nuclear medicine production facility
- April 8, 2021: Webinar: BWXT medical licence application
The Commission is an independent administrative tribunal set up at arm’s length from government, without ties to the nuclear industry. Use the links below to find documents related to Commission meetings or hearings.
- February 12, 2021: Revised notice of public hearing on BWXT Medical Ltd.’s application for a Class IB licence (PDF)
The CNSC posts regulatory enforcement actions taken to protect the health, safety and security of Canadians and the environment. Use the links below to find out more about any orders or penalties that have been placed on this licensee, if any.
- No regulatory actions until licence is issued
Licensees must report events and incidents involving licensed activities that could impact the health, safety and security of Canadians and the environment to the CNSC. Use the links below to find any information provided by this licensee, if any, as well as other public disclosures made by licensees.
- No disclosure actions until licence is issued
- Date modified: