Participant Funding Program decision – Kitigan Zibi Anishinabeg’s participation in the environmental assessment process for Canadian Nuclear Laboratories’ Near Surface Disposal Facility
The CNSC has offered funding through its Participant Funding Program to assist Kitigan Zibi Anishinabeg (KZA) in participating in meetings with CNSC staff, in relation to their participation in the environmental assessment process for Canadian Nuclear Laboratories’ Near Surface Disposal Facility.
The information gathered from these meetings and activities will be included in relevant Commission member documents so that any valuable information gathered can be brought directly to the Commission.
The CNSC made PFP support available to:
- enhance Indigenous and stakeholder participation in the CNSC’s environmental assessment and licensing processes
- help Indigenous peoples, the public and stakeholders bring valuable information to the Commission
A Funding Review Committee (FRC), independent of the CNSC, was established to review the funding application received by the CNSC’s PFP administrator and to make recommendations on the allocation of funding to the applicant.
The FRC members were:
- Bruce Young, retired director of the Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency
- Yves Leboeuf, retired Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency vice-president of operations
- Kurt Saunders, retired Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency director
The FRC reviewed the PFP application requesting a total of $29,216.
Eligibility and funding criteria
For more information on participant funding and how it works, including details about eligibility and funding criteria, read the PFP guide.
CNSC participant funding decision
The CNSC has carefully considered the FRC’s recommendations on the allocation of participant funding to assist KZA in participating in meetings with CNSC staff and approved the reimbursement of up $29,216.
|Applicant||Maximum amount of available funding|
|Kitigan Zibi Aninshinabeg||$29,216|
Participant Funding Program Administrator, CNSC
- Date modified: