Regulatory Oversight Report - Nuclear Power Generating Sites
This report reviews the safety performance of Canada's nuclear power plants. The report assesses how well plant operators are meeting regulatory requirements and program expectations in areas such as human performance, radiation and environmental protection, and emergency management and fire protection. The report highlights emerging regulatory issues pertaining to the industry at large and to each licensed station.
CNSC staff are permanently located onsite at each facility to monitor activities, confirm regulatory requirements are met and verify regulatory program expectations including human performance, radiation and environmental protection, and emergency management.
General Description of Regulatory Framework for Nuclear Power Generating Sites
CNSC assessments of compliance and performance of nuclear power plants and the waste management facilities that are located at the same sites.
- Myths and facts about nuclear power plants
- Nuclear power plant safety systems
- Bruce A and B Nuclear Generating Stations, Ontario
- Pickering Nuclear Generating Station, Ontario
- Darlington Nuclear Generating Station, Ontario
- Gentilly-2 Nuclear Facility, Quebec (recently shut down)
- Point Lepreau Generating Station, New Brunswick
- Date modified: