École Polytechnique SLOWPOKE-2 Research Reactor
École Polytechnique owns and is licensed to operate the Slowpoke-2 Research Reactor, located in Montréal, QC. The CNSC has full-time, dedicated staff who periodically perform inspections to evaluate operations and to verify compliance with regulatory requirements and licence conditions.
- Facility information
- Latest CNSC facility-specific announcements
- Disclosure protocol
- Regulatory reporting
- Other key topics
Location: Montreal, QC
Licensee: École Polytechnique
Type of reactor: Pool
Licence issued: July 1, 2013
Licence expires: June 30, 2023
Start of commercial operation: 1976
Licensing documentation: Request a copy of École Polytechnique's SLOWPOKE 2 Research Reactor licence and licence conditions handbook by email
The SLOWPOKE-2 reactor is a 20 kilowatt (thermal) sealed-container in-pool type research reactor.
Latest CNSC facility-specific announcements
- June 13, 2022: Participant funding for École Polytechnique de Montréal licence renewal application
- June 27, 2013: CNSC renews École Polytechnique de Montréal's SLOWPOKE-2 reactor licence
As part of the CNSC's regulatory requirements, major licensees must have robust public information and disclosure programs in place. To obtain more information, visit the École Polytechnique website.
- Regulatory actions
- Licensing requirements for Class II nuclear facilities
- Nuclear-related event reports
Other key topics
- Date modified: