Nordion (Canada) Inc.
Operating Performance of Nordion
The CNSC produces an annual report on the performance of uranium fuel cycle and processing facilities, which includes Nordion. The report provides information on events, facility modifications, and areas of increased regulatory focus. It also tracks data on:
- public and worker radiation dose
- lost-time incidents for workers
- environmental monitoring results
- environmental reportable spills and corrective actions taken
- current financial guarantees for future decommissioning costs
Read the report to learn about Nordion's operating performance.
Latest CNSC Facility-Specific Announcements
- September 29, 2015: CNSC renews Nordion (Canada) Inc.'s nuclear substance processing facility operating licence
- Read CNSC's news release
- February 6, 2015: Notice of Public Hearing on Nordion’s Licence Renewal and Participant Funding Offering
- September 3, 2014: Administrative Monetary Penalty issued to Nordion
- August 14, 2014: CNSC approves Nordion’s application to transfer its operating license to a new corporate identity.
As part of CNSC's regulatory requirements, major licensees must have robust public information and disclosure programs in place.
Other Key Topics
- Date modified: