The Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC) is dedicated to protecting the health, safety and security of Canadians and the environment. In the interest of continued safety, the CNSC uses the external complaint process as a method to learn of and address unreported non-compliances associated with its regulatory mandate.
Members of the public, licensee employees or licensee site contractors can report allegations associated with activities and facilities regulated by the CNSC or allegations associated with CNSC staff behaviour. Complaints are received by the CNSC’s Office of Values and Ethics to ensure that allegations are reviewed by a neutral entity and that follow-up actions are taken as deemed appropriate by CNSC authorities.
The CNSC addresses reports associated with, but not limited to, the following:
- activities and facilities regulated by the CNSC
- nuclear power plant design, construction, operation, maintenance, radiation protection, safeguards, security, emergency preparedness
- retaliation for having raised safety concerns
- work environments that discourage workers from raising safety concerns or other matters related to the CNSC mandate
- misconduct associated with CNSC employees
To reach us:
Toll-free secure telephone line: 1-877-251-2554
- Date modified: