Document History of RD-204 Certification of Persons Working at Nuclear Power Plants
Current status: Published February 2008
- February 2008: RD-204 published. View Information Bulletin 08-02 for more information.
- September 2007: RD-204 presented to the Commission Tribunal for final approval. Read the meeting transcript and meeting minutes for additional details.
- April 2007: Public consultation. Invitation to comment on the draft document was posted on the CNSC Web site for a 30-day period. View Information Bulletin 07-05 of the document for more information.
RD‑204 defines requirements aiming to ensure that persons seeking a certification or renewal of a certification by the CNSC, for a position referred to in the licence of a nuclear power plant, are qualified to carry out the duties of that position in accordance with the Nuclear Safety and Control Act (NSCA) and the regulations made under the NSCA.
Relevant laws and regulations
- Nuclear Safety and Control Act
- General Nuclear Safety and Control Regulations
- Class I Nuclear Facilities Regulations
For questions or information directly related to RD-204, please contact:
Directorate of Safety Management
Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission
P.O. Box 1046, Station B
Ottawa, ON K1P 5S9
Telephone: 1-800-668-5284 Fax: 613-995-5086