Document History of RD/GD-370, Management of Uranium Mine Waste Rock and Mill Tailings
Published in March, 2012
- March 2012: RD/GD-370 published. View Information Bulletin 12-09 for more information. Also, see the comments received from public consultation (note that comments are posted and answered in the language in which they were submitted).
- September 28, 2011: Period for providing feedback on the comments received has closed. No comments were received.
- September 14 to September 28, 2011: Invitation to provide feedback on the comments received during consultation is open for 10 business days. View comments received during consultation and invitation to provide feedback on these comments. Note that the comments are posted in the language in which they were received.
- August 31, 2011: Consultation has ended.
- July 28, 2011 to August 31, 2011: An invitation to comment on the draft document is posted on the CNSC Web site for a 30-day period. Read Information Bulletin 11-12 for additional details.
- March to July, 2010: Public consultation for discussion paper DIS-10-01, Management of Uranium Mine Waste Rock and Mill Tailings.
Regulatory document RD/GD 370, Management of Uranium Mine Waste Rock and Mill Tailings sets out the CNSC's requirements for the sound management of mine waste rock and mill tailings resulting from site preparation, construction, operation and decommissioning of new uranium mine or mill projects in Canada, to ensure the protection of the environment and the health and safety of people.
This regulatory document also provides guidance to applicants regarding CNSC's expectations for new mining projects throughout Canada on the management of waste rock and tailings generated by uranium mining and milling operations.
This regulatory document is based on the discussion paper DIS 10 01, Management of Uranium Mine Waste Rock and Mill Tailings that was posted for public consultation in 2010.
Find out more about regulatory documents
For questions or information directly related to RD/GD-370, Management of Uranium Mine Waste Rock and Mill Tailings, please contact:
Directorate of Environmental and Radiation Protection and Assessment
Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission
P. O. Box 1046, Station B
- Date modified: