Document History of RD/GD-254 Application Guide - Certification of Radiation Devices or Class II Prescribed Equipment
Published December 2010.
- December 2010: RD/GD-254 published. View Information Bulletin 10-32 for more information.
Applicants are required to apply to CNSC for certification of radiation devices or Class II prescribed equipment, in accordance with the Nuclear Safety and Control Act (NSCA, the Act) and the regulations made under the NSCA.
This certification is not to be construed as a licence for use or servicing. Most radiation devices and equipment used in Class II nuclear facilities must be certified by the CNSC, before they can be licensed by CNSC for use in Canada.
This document provides information on how an applicant can apply for the certification, including detailed instructions on the completion of the application form.
- General Nuclear Safety and Control Regulations
- Class II Nuclear Facilities and Prescribed Equipment Regulations
- Radiation Protection Regulations
- Nuclear Substances and Radiation Devices Regulations
- Packaging and Transport of Nuclear Substances Regulations
- Cost Recovery Fees Regulations
For questions or information directly related to RD/GD-254, please contact:
Directorate of Nuclear Substance Regulation
Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission
P.O. Box 1046, Station B
280 Slater Street
Ottawa, Ontario K1P 5S9
Telephone: 613-995-5894 or 1-800-668-5284 (Canada only)