History of discussion paper DIS-12-05, Administrative Monetary Penalties
The What We Heard Report has been published.
- January 15, 2013: The What We Heard report was published.
- October 26, 2012: View feedback provided on the comments.
- October 12, 2012: Period for providing feedback on the comments received has closed.
- September 28 to October 12, 2012: Invitation to provide feedback on the comments received during consultation is open for 15 days. View comments received during consultation and invitation to provide feedback on these comments. Note that the comments are posted in the language in which they were received.
- August 15 to September 14, 2012: Consultation. An invitation to comment on the document is posted on the CNSC website for a 30-day period. Read the discussion paper along with Information Bulletin 12–38, for further details.
This discussion paper presents the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission 's (CNSC's) approach for the implementation of the Administrative Monetary Penalties (AMP) system through the proposed administrative monetary penalties.
Bill C-38, the Jobs, Growth and Long-term Prosperity Act, which received royal assent on June 29, 2012 made amendments to the Nuclear Safety and Control Act (NSCA), providing the CNSC with the authority to establish an AMP system. Implementation of the AMP system requires that the CNSC make regulations establishing:
- which acts of non-compliance constitute a violation
- the method of calculating the penalty amount
- the manner of serving the required documents to the penalized party
The CNSC is seeking comments on the proposals contained in this discussion paper.
For questions or information directly related to DIS-12-05, Administrative Monetary Penalties please contact:
Regulatory Policy Directorate
Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission
P. O. Box 1046, Station B
Ottawa, ON K1P 5S9
Telephone: 613-995-5894 or 1-800-668-5284 (Canada only)
- Date modified: